The Netgear Nighthawk router takes your existing internet connection and makes it wireless so you can enjoy wifi access in your home and business. If you are looking for a high-performance router, Netgear Nighthawk router is one device to keep in mind. But to get it started, you will first need to get your Netgear wireless router online and make it secure.
How to setup the Netgear Nighthawk router?
If you want to know how to setup the Netgear Nighthawk router, then you are at the right place and continue reading this blog.
To set up your Netgear Nighthawk router:
1. Hardware connections
Remove the caps from the antenna; screw them into the ports on the back of the router. Now, unplug your modem. Take one Ethernet cable, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the yellow port on the back of the router and connect other-end to the modem. Plug your modem into the power outlet and turn it on. Press the power button on your Netgear Nighthawk router to turn it on too. Wait for the power light on your router to turn solid white.
2. How to log in to Netgear Nighthawk router?
On your computer or any other device, launch a web browser and enter the default IP Address 192.168.1.1 in the address field of the browser. A login screen will appear on the screen and enter the ‘admin’ for the username and ‘password’ for the password. Press ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
3. Netgear Nighthawk router settings
- Once you are logged in, the setup wizard screen displays. Netgear homepage is used to configure the router’s settings. You can update your network names, password and manage other Netgear Nighthawk settings here.
- Go to Advanced settings, select Administration and then set your password to change the admin username and password.
- Next, change the network name (SSID) for your Netgear wireless router so that you can easily identify your network and connect it.
- One the basic home page of your router, tap ‘Wireless.’ Enter the network name and select a security type – WPA-2 PSK and choose a password for your router’s 2.4 GHz network. Apply on the option ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
Enable guest network: setting up a guest network allows the users to use your internet without having access to any other device such as storage devices or printers.
To do this, go to settings page and click on the Guest network. Check ‘Enable guest network’ and name your network and set the password. Finally, click on the ‘Apply’
With this, your Netgear Nighthawk router is now set up and ready to access the internet.
4. Reset the router
If you run into any problem during the process of Netgear wireless router setup, you can reset it to factory default settings.
Use a sharp object like a paperclip to hold the ‘Reset’ button for at least 10 seconds. Release the button when the power light of the router begins blinking orange. Wait until your Netgear router reboots and the power light turns solid white.
We hoped this blog solved your query related to how to setup the Netgear Nighthawk router. In case, we missed something or you face any issue while setting up your Netgear wireless router, you can contact us at our toll-free number, we will be more than happy to assist you.