The following blog shows you “How to set up a password for Wi-Fi Netgear?” When you install the Netgear router it is addressed with default login credentials. Which are easy to detect by any hacker? So, it is necessary that you set up Wi-Fi password for Netgear.
To change your Netgear Wi-Fi router password we have mentioned some steps in the below blog. You can change it manually or by using the Smart wizard also. Both the processes are easy and can be done without any hassle.
Remember that the default Netgear password is password and network name is an admin for your Netgear router.
To set up your Wi-Fi password for Netgear, follow the steps given below:
- Open any web interface on your computer.
- Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
- You will be redirected to the username and password field. Fill the username as admin and password as the password.
- Select ‘Ok’ and the basic homepage will display.
- Now select ‘wireless’ under the homepage.
- Fill the new username in the network name field (SSID).
- Fill the new password in the network key field.
- Click on ‘apply’ button to save your changes.
Hence, your changes are saved. And hopefully, you had set up Wi-Fi password for Netgear. If you are disconnected then search for available network and connect using the new password.
You can also set up your Netgear Wi-Fi router password using the smart wizard. Kindly follow the steps given below:
- Open any internet browser and type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Fill the router username and password i.e. username is admin and password is password.
- Under the ‘setup’ tab select ‘wireless settings’.
- Now change the network name and password.
- At last, to save your settings click on ‘save’.
Hence, your settings are saved for further use. In case, you are disconnected from the wireless network, search for the available wireless network and fill the new network name and password.
The default Netgear password can easily be acknowledged by any of the hacker or any individual. So, leaving your Netgear network open for any hacker can cause you trouble. An attacker can connect to your computer, can use your device for any illegal cause and can also introduce many types of malware in your network.
Always keep in mind that you need to use a strong password which is a mixture of alphabets and numbers. Use the password which is hard to guess by anyone. Hence, it is necessary that you set up Wi-Fi password for Netgear.
Therefore, from the above blog, you can easily resolve the problem of how to set up a password for Wi-Fi Netgear? Also, you can easily come across the Netgear Wi-Fi router password. In case you face any problem in setup Wi-Fi password for Netgear you can contact us on our toll-free number. We will be happy to serve you.