The Netgear wifi router is widely used but occasions may arise when wireless security settings need to be changed on the router. If one has purchased the Netgear router, then securing it can be a major concern because the IP password, admin password, and username are all stored in it. So today we are going to explain to you “How to access Netgear router settings and make it secure?”
In order to make your wireless network and wifi router secure, it is necessary to change the Netgear router’s wireless security settings as well as the default admin password of your router. You should change the default login details for the Netgear as soon as possible after the first time configuration for the Netgear router. Securing your wireless Netgear router is quite easy. There are just a few simple steps that you have to follow. Keep following the article to know “How to access Netgear router settings and make it secure?”
Follow the steps to access the Netgear router settings:
- Firstly place your Netgear router after choosing the right position for it and then make hardware connections.
- Begin with connecting the internet port of the Netgear router to the LAN port of your PC by using an Ethernet cable and turn ON the modem and router. Make sure that you have connected your Netgear router to a modem for a stable internet connection.
- Once you have done with the connections, open a web browser on a computer or Wi-Fi device that is connected to your Netgear router.
- Then type in your router’s IP address in the address bar of the web browser. You can also use the local login address of Netgear router i.e. http://www.routerlogin.com .
- On the Netgear router login page, enter login credentials to log in to your Netgear web interface.
- Now you will be redirected to the smart setup wizard that provides you online instructions to set up your device.
- On the web-based setup page, you will see various settings that you can configure as per your need.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” & then go the “Setup” option.
- Now click the “Wireless Settings” option.
- Under the “Security” option, select the radio button & select the security type that you wish to use.
- Now you are prompted to enter a passphrase. Remove the old password from the given field of the passphrase and enter a new password.
- Click “Apply” button to save all the settings.
We hope this article will help you out to know “How to access Netgear router settings and make it secure?” If you are unable to set up or change the default security settings by using the above steps, then you can contact our technical team at our toll-free no. The technical team has well-trained professionals who can quickly assist you with the setup of your router by providing you with troubleshooting tips or helping you by screen-sharing session.