Q. How can I log into my router Netgear?
Ans. To log in to your router Netgear, you need to follow the steps as listed under:
- Host a web portal on your computer which is connected to the router
- In the URL bar enter http://www.routerlogin.com. In case the http://www.routerlogin.com did not work, try to use the following
- Now you are redirected to the username and password page. The default username and password are
- Username = admin
- Password = password
- In case, your default username and password did not work then it means that you might have changed them. Fill in your username and password which you have changed earlier. However, if you are unable to remember your new password you need to perform a factory reset to restore the router.
There are many reasons for why you cannot login to your router Netgear. Most common reasons found are browser cache and IP address issues. Then you have to follow the steps mentioned:
- Clear your web browser cache or you can also change your web browser.
- If then also you cannot connect then try using the Ethernet wired connection.
Remember, if you are connected to various connections at a same time then you cannot login to the router Netgear.
Q.How can I change my name and password of router Netgear?
Ans. Every router comes with general username and password with which you can login. If anyone knows your login credentials, he may use this and can even login to your router. So it is important that you change your username and password of your router Netgear. To change your username and password for the old interface of router (Smart Wizard) you need to do the following steps:
- You have to Log in to your router Netgear.
- Under the ‘maintenance’ button, click on ‘set password’ option.
- Now fill in the old password and then the new password.
- Then to save your changes click on the ‘apply’ button.
Hence, your password and name of router Netgear are changed for the old portal. In case, you have the new Netgear router interface (NETGEAR genie). Then follow the steps as described below:
- The device which is connected to your router, open any web portal.
- Now log in to your router Netgear.
- When on home-page click on the ADVANCED option. There you have to fill in the old password and new password two times. Now, you can change your name and password of router Netgear.
- When completed save your changes by clicking on the ‘apply’ button.
In case, you need to recover your username and password enable the password recovery checkbox.
Q. How can I secure my Netgear router?
Ans. The router which you are using comes with a set WPA or WPA2 setting security. You can change these settings. We advise you to use the set settings and also do not disable the security settings. However, if you need to secure your Netgear router follow the below given steps:
- Open a web portal on your device which is connected to the router.
- Now, fill www.routerlogin.net in the bar. The username and password screen displays. Fill the router admin username and password. Use default username is admin and password is password.
- The home-page displays on the screen. Click on ‘wireless’ and wireless settings page appears.
- Select WPA under the security options. Now, the password is visible.
- Now fill the new password, which should be a text string i.e. 8 to 63 characters.
- To save your password you need to click on the ‘apply’ button. And your settings are saved.
Also, some basic points you need to remember to secure your router. When the router is not in use switch of the router. Always choose a password which is difficult to hack. You need to check your Login every time, for any unauthorized login. Do not disclose your password.
Q. How can I update my router firmware?
Ans. In general, firmware is a set of instruction on a hardware device which gives the basic information to the device to how to communicate with the other computer hardware’s. To update a device is not a difficult task. The updates which are to be trusted are the ones which are directly sent by the company or a manufacturer. You need not to trust the third party updates as it may cause trouble. Once the company sends the important updates through the network you need to simply shut down the computer and then restart it to work through the updates. You need to check the brand name for trustworthy results. While purchasing the device from the manufacturer, register your product so that you can get the important updates and other news directly through mails. In such way, you also need not to worry about searching the updates by your own. And also, there won’t be any burden regarding untrustworthy