With the Netgear router login you to customize or modify the settings and even set up your wireless router. Netgear routers now come with the responsive web-based interface on www.routerlogin.net which is accessible by following a Netgear router login process. You will not require any installation software or installation CD to access your Netgear wireless router. You will be surprised to know that you can manage all the settings of your wireless network even without having an Internet connection. Only a basic connection between your router, modem, and the computer is required.
So here, we will try to provide you with the proper solution to the issues you may face anytime while attempting to log in, setting up your Netgear wireless router or connecting devices to the wireless network. You will get to know about Netgear router setup wizard and how to log into Netgear router using www.routerlogin.net link. We will also answer your questions like “how to access Netgear admin page” or “what to do? “I forgot my netgear password”. Keep going through this tutorial to gain knowledge on above-mentioned topics.
Why do we need to log into the router?
There are a number of reasons you might need to Log into netgear router. Logging into the wireless router is important to update the firmware version of your wireless router and configuring the basic wireless settings. Whatever the reason is, the process of Netgear login is very quick and easy. We will talk about the Netgear login process later but before that, understanding an IP address is much important.
What is an IP address?
The IP address is the key part of the Netgear Login process. Every device in the network has its own identity which distinguishes it from other devices. Just like each home in your street has its own address which distinguishes it from other homes. The easiest way to understand that what’s an IP address is to think of it just like your residential address. In this world of networks, every device needs to send the packets of information back and forth just like a postman delivers the letter at your doorstep by identifying your residential address.
How to locate the IP address of your router?
You will need to check the default IP address of your Netgear wireless router so that you can locate it on the network. Once you get to know the default IP address of your Netgear router, you can use it anytime you want to access the netgear admin page or www.routerlogin.net to change or modify the network settings. This is very important before we begin to show you how to log into Netgear router. There are basically two methods to identify the default 192.168.1.1 Netgear router setup IP address of your wireless router.
Via Command Prompt:
One of the method to sign in to netgear router is to locate your default IP address of your wireless router by using the command prompt. You need to enter the command on your computer in this method. We have mentioned the steps below to identify the default IP address of your wireless router with which you can also successfully run the Netgear router setup wizard.
- Look for the Windows icon on the bottom left of your computer monitor and click it.
- Navigate to the Run option and click it.
- Enter “cmd” into the run bar.
- Now you will be navigated to the command prompt window.
- Type “ipconfig” on the command prompt window and press Enter on your keyboard. You will see a bunch of information.
- Scroll down until you see a “Default Gateway” written on the screen.
Via Wireless Label on the router:
You can also locate the default 192.168.1.1 Netgear router setup IP address of your wireless router by this method.
- Look for the wireless label on the back of your wireless router.
- You will see wireless information about your router.
- Four pieces of information are written there:
- Network Name (SSID)
- Network Security Key (Passphrase)
- Wireless Security Encryption (WEP/WPA2)
- Default IP Address (Internet Protocol)
Note this information on any notepad because you will need this information while logging into your wireless router. If you are unable to find the default IP address of your wireless router, call us on our toll-free number to know the default IP address of your wireless router. Alternatively, you can also access it via the www.routerlogin.net web address to Log into netgear router.
How to sign in to Netgear router?
Before we begin to explain you how to sign in to Netgear router, there are some basic hardware connections that need to be set up. So we will mention the basic steps to set up a hardware connection before you access the Netgear admin page.
- Connect your Netgear wireless router with the existing ISP modem via Ethernet cable. Plug the one end of the RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet cable into the Gigabit Ethernet port on the Netgear wireless router and connect another end to the existing ISP modem. Now, using another Ethernet cable, connect your Netgear router with the computer to connect to Netgear router.
- Now, attach the power adapter to the wireless router and plug your adapter into the power out. Make sure you turn on the wireless router.
- Wait for few seconds before your router gets started and then connect your computer with router’s wireless network.
NOTE: You can connect your wireless router to the computer by two methods. You can either connect your router to the computer using an Ethernet cable or you can set up a wireless connection between your wireless router and the computer.
In this section, we will explain you how to sign in to Netgear router or how to access access the Netgear admin page by providing some of the basic instructions. Make sure you follow the below-given instructions carefully:
- Go to your computer and launch any of your favorite web browsers.
- Enter the default 192.168.1.1 Netgear router setup IP address of your wireless router into the web address and click Go.
NOTE: You can also enter www.routerlogin.net instead of entering the default IP address of your wireless router. Enter the web address routerlogin.net into the address bar and click Go
- You will be now taken to the Netgear login page.
- You will see a small login window asking for router login username and password.
- Enter the router login credentials into the login fields and click Login or Submit.
Now, if you can see 192.168.1.1 Netgear router setup on your screen, it means you have successfully logged into the Netgear wireless router. You can now easily set up your wireless router in very less time. Just follow the on-screen instructions to set up your wireless router without facing any issue. If you still face an issue while attempting to set up your wireless router, call us on our toll-free number to get the issue resolved quickly.
How to connect to Netgear router?
After you set up your wireless router, you will need to connect it to the WiFi enabled devices at your home. We will now mention the steps to connect to Netgear router for Netgear router login.
- After you have set up your wireless router using the Netgear router setup wizard, restart it so that new settings take effect on it. Unless you don’t restart your router, you won’t be able to access the Internet.
- Take any of your WiFi-enabled devices and go to the device settings.
- Locate wireless settings and turn on the WiFI on your device.
- Your device will now scan for the available networks nearby you.
- Select your wireless network and connect to it.
NOTE: If your wireless network prompts you to enter the network security key, enter the security key that you have assigned to your wireless network during router setup.
Now, your device will be connected to the Netgear wireless router. You can connect more devices later if you want.
I forgot my Netgear password
This is the most searched query as most of the people forget the router password after they set it. Don’t worry, we will mention the instructions to access the Netgear admin page. Before we proceed to explain you the solution, let us tell you, there are two passwords assigned to your wireless router as follows:
So now, we will provide you with the solution to this issue. Follow the below-given instructions carefully:
- Look for the Reset button on the back of your Netgear wireless router.
- The reset button sits little inside the frame of your wireless router. To press it, you will need a paperclip or any other similar item.
- Now press the reset button and hold it for a few seconds until all the LED lights on your wireless router start flashing. This will indicate that your router has now reset and back to the default factory settings.
Now your Netgear router will Restart so that settings take effect on it. You will again need to connect to Netgear router to configure its wireless network settings. After this, you can use the default values to access the Netgear admin page www.routerlogin.net.
In case you face any issue in the whole Netgear Login process, you can call us on our toll-free number to get your issue resolved for www.routerlogin.net access.